This post is sponsored by The Home Depot! Thanks for supporting brands that make Happily Inspired possible! I hope you find inspiration!
Faux Fireplace Mantel
This is one of my favorite projects to date! If you guys have been following along for awhile, you know I’m all about attainable home decor and simple DIY solutions. If I can create it, so can you. See some of my favorite Home Depot projects to date here!
This faux mantel was complete in under thirty minutes, not kidding! We are talking from start to finish. Unboxing, building to mounting on the wall. This specific mantel surround weighs under 60 pounds, and came unfinished. The Home Depot has hundreds of fireplace surround options (stone, cast iron, wood, etc) but I settled on an unfinished option so I could choose the paint color. I opted for ’Antique White’ by BEHR to give it a vintage vibe! I absolutely adore how it came out!
A faux mantel fireplace is the perfect option for someone who doesn’t have a fireplace/mantel, and wants to decorate seasonally Or, if you’re looking to elevate a space in your house — this is a great option, too. Mine is in my bedroom and there’s nothing cozier than this view! It’ll change your life!
I hope you find inspiration in this faux fireplace mantel holiday decor! Make sure to follow along for more on Instagram.
Mantel Decorating Ideas
A few of my favorite tips for holiday mantel decor. PS: The Home Decorators Collection is exclusive to The Home Depot (timeless, elevated style) that I highly recommend. The prices are awesome and the pieces look/feel high-end.
- Use a variety of garlands to create a realistic look. For this faux fireplace mantel, I chose 3 separate garlands ( ONE | TWO | THREE) A combination of artificial green cedar, pine, and eucalyptus. You can play around with it until you’re satisfied, but it’s personal preference! I love doing asymmetrical for something unique and imperfect.
- Flameless candles are your BFF! The more the merrier when it comes to faux fireplace decor. I like to stack mine on books throughout the bottom and display a few on top. This will be the coziest vibe, and they all come with a remote control for easy shut off!
- Place a wreath over the mirror to create a holiday vibe. I can’t get enough of this one that I picked up from THD!
- An accent chair is another easy way to elevate/cozy up any space! The one I grabbed is from The Home Decorators Collection and it’s so gorgeous! I put a faux blanket over it, and have already enjoyed sitting at night after a long day.
- If you’re looking to cover up outlets or add more underneath the faux mantel, I picked up this potted Christmas Tree that’s simply adorable! Perfect amount of twinkly in my bedroom!
Faux Mantel Decor: