The Most Decadent Cheesecake You’ll Ever Make
Dec 23, 2020, Updated Oct 12, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Thank you to FAGE for sponsoring this post! As always, opinions are entirely my own! Thank you for supporting brands that make Happily Inspired possible!
In our family, cheesecake is a tradition. When the holiday season rolls around, you better believe it’s going down! I’ve tried a few different variations, but ultimately, it comes down to one secret ingredient: FAGE Sour Cream. Creamy, comforting, and every ounce of decadent deliciousness. My one party trick? Blending the sour cream on its own for 15-20 seconds. I’m not even certain why this step is so crucial, but it totally changed the flavor/texture. It will make the moistest cake you’ve sunk your teeth into. I’ve also got another party favor for a cracked cheesecake (which I still can’t perfect!) that I’m sharing below. I hope this helps you during this holiday season and beyond!
FAGE is already known for its deliciously thick and creamy Greek yogurt (I use it all of the time in other recipes) so it’s no surprise that the sour cream is equally divine. It’s such a cozy classic that will truly elevate everyday meals. This is a great list of sour cream recipes that will win your family over time and time again. I also love Alton Brown’s classic take on sour cream cheesecake, so I made my own spin on his!
Now, cracks. I find that this is the number one reason people don’t make cheesecake — they’re intimidated by the cracks! Most chefs will tell you to put your pan in a ‘water bath’ to prevent, but it’s not always a guarantee. Another trick of the trade is to turn the oven off, but let your cheesecake sit in there for an hour after. This will prevent cold air from coming in and adding extra moisture.
My trick to a cracked cheesecake?
Flowers. Not only does this look beautiful, but it hides the imperfections. This is such an IG worthy dessert that guests will go crazy over! It’s a great conversation piece, and one of my favorite party favors to keep up your sleeve when you need it most! I love how it not only looks beautiful, but tastes even better!
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
- Crumbled graham crackers
- 1 stick of melted butter (don’t forget to brush the pan!)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 2 1/2 packages of cream cheese (20 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups of FAGE Sour Cream
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter the edges of cake pan. I like to add parchment paper to the sides of mine to give it a bit of a crusty edge.
- To make the crust, mash up the graham crackers in a bag — they don’t have to be perfect! Add these into a bowl of melted butter (1 stick) and the sugar. Press this into the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let it cool!
- In a mixer, beat the FAGE Sour Cream for 15-20 seconds. Add in the cream cheese and sugar, mix for about 30 seconds.
- In another bowl: mix vanilla, eggs, yolk and cream together. With the mixer on medium speed, slowly start to add these ingredients into the other mixture. Pour into the cooled crust.
- I baked my cheesecake on 325 for an hour with no water bath. After an hour, open the oven door (let some of the hot air out) shut the door and keep the cheesecake in for another hour. Make sure oven is turned off.
- Let your cheesecake sit in the fridge overnight. It’s beyond one of my favorite cheesecakes to date and FAGE is definitely the star of the show!