I’m back and better than ever! This is my first post as Mrs. Kleinman! (Ah, still can’t believe it!) My wedding was absolutely magical, and I cannot wait to share more — just patiently waiting on some photos! Make sure you’re following along on Instagram for some behind-the-scenes action. I’m also brewing up some really fun content, and I have a huge, exciting, amazing announcement that will honestly change everything. Keep checking back, as I plan to share very soon!
Today on Heart of Chic, I’m sharing a few delicious recipes in collaboration with Wild Garden. Be on the look-out for new recipe posts once a week; I’m all about a tasty (easy) meal! If you guys haven’t discovered Wild Garden yet, you’re in for a treat — Fast and simple, these natural marinades and pilafs are perfectly blended with over 13 Eastern Mediterranean spices and oils. Oh, and they literally take 10 minutes to make. A life-saver for those busy weeks.
For my fellow bride-to-be’s, I know how chaotic life can get when you’re planning a wedding. Between working, juggling the never-ending vendor phone calls & fitness — it’s a lot! Sometimes, ‘shedding for the wedding’ leaves us feeling extra irritable and stressed. These meals were my go-to! Delicious, easy & the perfect leftover lunch. Not to mention healthy! There’s something for everyone, so let me share what’s available!
- Bulgur: Hearty bulgur wheat cooked in tomato sauce and Mediterranean herbs (of course!)
- Rice and Lentils: Savory dish known as Mujadara, made with Basmati Rice, tender lentils and caramelized onions. (so delicious!)
- Couscous: A traditional dish known as Mujadara, made with pearled couscous and chickpeas in a zesty tomato sauce.
- Shawarma: Blend of cardamom, cumin and herbs throughout the Mediterranean.
- Persian: Blend of spices and herbs with notes of garlic, sumac and fennel.
- Turkish: Turkish kebab recipe with an exotic blend of tomatoes, cumin and garlic.
Today, I am sharing the Turkish marinade on shish kabobs (my husband was blown away by these) & a hearty bulgur side dish packed with protein, and veggies. Again, incredibly easy & I added in some wheat bread & salad to top it off! (I love the bulgur on mini bread slices). Jump to the recipe below, and let me know if you have any questions/comments! PS: These are available at Jewel Osco, Mariano’s & other grocers. Shop Wild Garden here.
CHICKEN TAOUK KEBABS
Ingredients: 1 pouch of Wild Garden Turkish Quick Marinade, 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast, wooden skewers & lemon wedges.
- Cut chicken breasts into 2” cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly coat cubes of chicken with marinade & set aside for 15 minutes.
- Slide chicken cubes onto the skewer and cook meat. I prefer a blackened chicken, so I left mine on the griddle for a tad longer! (along with peppers, and onions)
- Cook meat until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, and serve with lemons!
- Serve alongside rice and lentil pilaf, couscous and/or bulgur pilaf!
HERB SALAD WITH BULGUR
Ingredients: 1 pouch of Wild Garden Bulgur Pilaf, 1 large sweet red pepper (diced), 1 cup torn fresh herbs, 1/2 small red onion diced, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Empty contents of bulgur from pouch into large mixing bowl. Fluff with fork, and combine all remaining ingredients.
- I heated mine on the stove for a few minutes (optional)
This post is in collaboration with Wild Garden. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make Heart of Chic blossom! xx