‘I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M’s and like 3 pieces of licorice’ -Cher Horowitz
SHOP THE POST
Sorry for the radio silence this week; I was in LA over the weekend, and had to cut my trip early due to illness. (Insert 500 sad emojis here). I was so excited to capture the colorful walls, play in Disneyland and visit the iconic Rodeo Drive (still have never been!) As soon as my BFF picked me up from the airport, I hugged her bed (and toilet) tightly for the remainder of my trip. I did enjoy (sarcasm) my trip to the Santa Monica urgent care! Such a fail; but, I’m feeling so much better! Honestly, it put things in perspective; being that sick is scary! (I may or may not have called my mom crying) Have you ever been sick while traveling? It’s the worst! There’s nothing like your own bed (and fiancé) to get you back to life. So, I’m back (better late than never, right?!)
I’m channeling my inner-Cher in today’s plaid post! If you’re looking for a last minute Halloween costume, try looking in your closet first! Everyone has a little Cher in them. I had a little too much fun at Chicago’s Topshop last week (seriously, spent 3 hours in there!) and picked up this adorable plaid number; amongst others that I’ll share with you soon! It’s playful, retro and casual. I paired mine with knee-high socks, and booties — but, I’ve also worn an oversized sweater and sneakers (both are equally adorabs!) It’s the perfect outfit to roam the city streets, or catch up with your bestie over some delicious coffee. I’ve also been on the hunt for some awesome Chicago backdrops; and this one is certainly a favorite. (That red door is everything, right?) Honestly, I don’t love taking photos; but with colorful scenery — it makes my job a lot more fun! Doesn’t it add so much to my outfit?
PS: Cutting my trip early made for a very cranky Arin; I’m sharing 5 tips to a better attitude below! I hope this helps some of you! xx
- Do something that makes you happy: Feeling negative, and in a rut? Do something that makes you happy! Perhaps it’s splurging on a new pair of fall boots, or reading a juicy book! Maybe it’s writing a letter to your BFF, and doing something nice for a stranger? You choose!
- Find the source: If you’re not happy, you need to find the source of frustration. Personally, I was miserable in my corporate job; It wasn’t until I made a change that things got progressively better! If someone is frustrating you, talk to them. Ignoring your problems will just make them worst.
- Write it down: Take inventory of all the great things happening in your life! This will help train your mind to think more positively when we need it most. For all the bad things in your mind; write down one positive thing. It’s easy to let the negative shine; turn that habit upside down!
- Get fresh air: Sometimes, it just helps to grab some fresh air! Go outside, take a quick walk; and detach from technology. Take a few deep breaths, and meditate on happy thoughts. Walking away from the situation can help turn things around for the better.
- Lipstick: Personally, whenever I throw on a bold shade of lipstick; I instantly feel better! I don’t know what it is — just makes me feel more alert/happy. Maybe it’s just me? xx