If you’re anything like me — when Sunday rolls around, you can’t help but feel a cloud of sadness, and stress as you head into a new week. Research suggests that ‘having a case of the Mondays’ can actually have a negative impact on your performance and productivity for the entire week. I’m not sure why I’m having flashbacks of my mom saying, ‘You are who you hangout with’ — but, this goes for the office, too! When you’re unhappy, it makes it difficult for those around you to be happy, causing the entire team to be cranky. We all have to be at work anyway, so let’s make the best out of it! I know it’s hard (believe me) — So, I’m sharing 5 tips to beating the Monday blues. What else would you add to my list?
- MAKE A LIST: Yes, I’m one of those list-loving gals! At the beginning of the week, make a list of things you’re looking forward to. This will help train your mind into positive thinking, and excitement.
- KEEP YOUR SCHEDULE LIGHT: I tend to feel overwhelmed if I have a jam-packed week, so I’ve learned to keep my schedule simple. The power of no, it’s important! Just learn to be selective with what you do.
- WORK IT OUT: Working out is scientifically proven to make you happier. It’s one of those things I dread, but come out feeling so much better, and alive. Find a workout class you enjoy, I know a lot of my blogger-pals love Classpass (a monthly class-subscription).
- MAKE SOMEONE ELSE HAPPY: Probably my favorite one of the bunch. Compliment a co-worker, buy a stranger a cup of coffee — It’s truly amazing how happy we feel when we give. It’s a win-win. Oh, and what goes around comes around, right?
- UNPLUG: This isn’t an option for everyone, but it’s something I have gotten in the habit of. I completely unplug from work over the weekend. Too many weekends have been ruined by that ‘one’ annoying e-mail I received on a random Saturday. It’s healthy to take a couple days, and start anew on Monday. Your productivity will be higher, too.