Happy Wednesday! I seriously don’t know where the time has gone; I can’t seem to find enough hours in the day (I sound like my mother). My apologies on the crickets over here; I got invited to St. Louis Fashion Week and we had a jam-packed fashion-filled week of F-U-N. More on that soon! I’m also working on the ultimate holiday gift-guide for your shopping pleasure! Is there anything specific you’d like to see? I’m trying to think outside the box, and account for our unusual friends/family. (My favorite gifts to shop for!) While we’re talkin’ holiday gift-guides: Check-out this Chicago one! (In honor of the Cubbies, next year!) Also: Make sure to check-out Glitter Guide for my latest post, ‘5 tips to a more confident you’ — There’s some good stuff in there!
Onto my outfit! I absolutely love transitioning my summer pieces into the fall/winter season — It makes my wardrobe last a little longer! I recently picked up this Topshop tunic dress (available at Nordstrom, too!) and it’s a recent favorite for comfort, and versatility. (It also comes in multiple colors!) I paired with my favorite piece in my wardrobe, the Whitney Eve bomber jacket (the sequins are to-die!) Make sure to grab it quickly; it’s on major clearance! PS: Congrats to Whitney Port on getting married!
SHOP THE POST
The last order of business: With so much negativity in the news — I thought I’d share 5 reasons to smile. Sometimes, we need the reminder; especially in Chicago.
- Smiling helps reduce stress: A study conducted that people who smiled the biggest experienced a reduction in heart rate, and quicker stress recovery. Practice makes perfect!
- Trustworthy: A person who smiles appears more trustworthy than those holding a frown/neutral expression. Oh, and the bigger the smile — the better!
- Contagious: Is it just me, or do you absolutely love it when a stranger smiles at you? When someone else is smiling; you reciprocate it (hopefully!) We mirror our colleagues/friends — When they’re smiling, so are we! Spread some love to a stranger today, they probably need it!
- Boos Productivity: Yup, you heard it right! Smiling helps boost productivity, and can keep the creative juices flowing. People who are happier have a better approach to problem-solving and an ability to think of multiple solutions than their negative counterparts.
- Improve your mood: I recently wrote about how to turn a bad day around; one of the tricks — smiling. A fake smile can do wonders, and it signals the brain to reinforce those strong feelings. When in doubt, smile it out.