I thought it would be fun to share a Valentine’s Day cocktail & mocktail that’s perfectly paired with girlfriends and entertaining! These can easily be made into a cocktail (just throw in some tequila, vodka or gin) but taste just as delicious as a mocktail. Light, refreshing and festive in pink. Everyone will go crazy for these almost-too-pretty-to-drink sips! Thyme for a little fun! (see what I did there?)
VALENTHYME’S GRAPEFRUIT DELIGHT | RECIPE BELOW
When it comes to holiday entertaining, I always scope out Bed Bath & Beyond. I’m able to easily find what I’m looking for with simple search categories. Whether you’re on the hunt for Valentine’s Day gifts, decor, baking, or dining — they seriously have it all. I’m a longtime fan of the brand and generally seek out these partnerships because I shop here so much!
I thought it would be fun to invite some girlfriends over to sip, relax and catch up. It’s always a good idea to have a mocktail version available for friends/family that aren’t able to drink. Sharing the recipe below, just scroll down!
WHAT I BOUGHT FOR VALENTINE’S DAY ENTERTAINING
- I use this belly pitcher whenever I’m entertaining (especially in the summer months) because I love the design. It’s made in Italy but beyond affordable. Dishwasher safe and versatile. This brand has close to 200 products and everything is highly rated.
- These heart cork coasters were too cute to pass up. A pack of 4 for under $2! I just adore the little heart cut-outs, and they’re perfect for entertaining. I know people who have gotten these for their wedding, too! They have these year-round.
- Stemless wine glasses will always be in style. These are the exact ones I got because they have 90 5-star reviews. A set of 12 for under $20! (even more if you have a coupon – join Bed Bath & Beyond email list!) I think they look beyond chic for the occasion, don’t you? Versatile!
- ‘Love’ wall decor that I clearly didn’t use on the wall! It’s another piece I thought would function year-round, and look cute in my daughter’s nursery. I put it on the coffee table with the cocktails to add a festive, yet chic touch. Oh, and bonus that it’s from Ellen Degeneres’s line! I can’t get enough of her!
- A white rectangular tray that’s under $13! Another versatile piece that I use for charcuterie boards, cocktails, desserts, etc.
- Hearts plush throw blanket: For when we’re all lounging on the couch and catching up. This design is so cute and festive – couldn’t resist!
GIN GRAPEFRUIT COCKTAIL OR MOCKTAIL
This recipe is simple yet delicious! Since I’m such a big fan of grapefruit (they’re the prettiest fruit EVER) I wanted to create a cocktail around it. I put a few slices in the pitcher along with lemon, thyme, and grapefruit soda. I also added in a real rose for presentation — after all, it is Valentine’s Day! I thought the ingredients looked so chic inside the pitcher. Definitely set the mood, and the girls loved it.
VALENTHYME’S GRAPEFRUIT DELIGHT
- 2 grapefruits (juiced) and some slices for garnish/presentation
- 1/4 cup of grapefruit soda (or regular club soda)
- A splash of lime juice
- Sprigs of fresh thyme (to personal taste)
- ice (this cocktail does taste better chilled)
- 1 shot of vodka, tequila or gin (optional)
- Pour in grapefruit juice, lime juice and soda into pitcher/glass
- Add alcohol in if desired (tequila, vodka or gin)
- Add ice — I personally think this drink tastes better chilled, but can be served without.
- Add thyme
- Garnish with grapefruit slices, lemon and a rose (if desired)
This post is in partnership with Bed Bath & Beyond! Thanks for supporting brands that make Happily Inspired possible! xx