I can’t believe it’s already Thursday! Let’s do this holiday thing every Monday (are you with me?) I don’t want you to get confused with this post — It’s really me, I promise. Usually, my food posts involve donuts, cake & everything sweet! (Everything in moderation, of course). My BFF, Heidi, is a vegetarian foodie — she’s teaching me a few things about clean eating (make sure to follow her on Instagram for her Chicago adventures). I’ve made a pact to myself this month to eat cleaner, and work-out. Until last week, I hadn’t worked out in 2 months! It was definitely interfering with my overall health, and energy levels day-day.
With that being said, I thought it would be fun to get into the Autumn spirit (OMG, so excited for Hocus Pocus — I’m rambling again) with this delicious apple cranberry walnut salad. My favorite part is the homemade dressing; apple cider vinegar — the perfect touch of flavor. I think I can get used to this healthy eating thing. PS: Super easy! My specialty!
INGREDIENTS | Serves 2-3 | Prep Time: Under 10 Minutes
- Kale (Feel free to use a combination of kale, arugula and spinach)
- 1 red apple and 1 green apple
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/3 Dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (so delicious)
- A touch of salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon (just a touch)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice (optional)
- Rinse lettuce, and toss walnuts, cranberries, and chopped apples in a large bowl
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, and toss in salad before serving. (If you plan to have leftovers, leave dressing on the side)