It’s my 28th birthday, and I have a feeling this will be my best one yet! It couldn’t have come at a better time, as I’m about to embark on a brand new journey. Even more reason to celebrate! I recently left my 9-5 marketing position to pursue my passions. As I grow older, I realize the significance of life, and how quickly it passes by. In honor of my 28th birthday, I’m sharing 28 life lessons I’ve learned throughout the year! Enjoy! PS: For more lifestyle content, be sure to stay up to date here! I’m also sharing a fun birthday wishlist here (for the fashionista, of course!)
28th Birthday Lessons
1. If you’re unhappy with your job, leave. Embrace the land of the free, and spread your wings!
2. Follow your passions, whatever they may contain. Want to travel for 3 months, go. Want to start your own clothing boutique, go for it! You are capable of so much more.
3. The best things in life are free. As I reflect on this past year, my favorite times are the ones spent with family/friends, not the new handbag I purchased.
4. Let your haters be your motivators – there are plenty of them out there in this world! Don’t let them bring you down!
5. You get what you put into this world. If you put out love, you’ll get it full-circle.
6. Spread love – We can never have enough.
7. Spend a lot of time with your parents; they’re getting older, just like us!
8. Surround yourself with people who inspire you. You are a product of who you hangout with – may be time to start shrinking your circle.
9. Read more books – study your passions, and get lost in those teachings.
10. Eat healthy, and workout. The older we get, the more important it is to focus on a clean lifestyle. Your bodies will appreciate.
11. Stop comparing your beginning to someone’s middle!
12. Wake up early – I don’t know about you, but I get a lot more accomplished when I’m up at an earlier hour. (Workout, gym, coffee x2!)
13. Travel – The world is such a beautiful, remarkable place. Go see it!
14. Attend networking events. I’ve met some incredible minds throughout Chicago, you never know who you’ll run into! Bonus: These are free professors!
15. Meditate: It does plentiful for the mind/body. Take 15 min before, and after your day to reflect, and relax.
16. Set goals: They will make you work harder, and keep your organized.
17. Save money: Ummm, if 27 taught me anything, it’s that my bank account needs serious help. My goal for 28? Save more than $10,000! Emergency funds are important!
18. Smile at strangers
19. Try more DIY projects — your bank account will thank-you, and such an accomplishing feeling!
20. Enjoy the outdoors! Get out of your cubicle, I repeat: get out of your cubicle
21. Make friends of all ages, and ask for advice.
22. Get out of your comfort zone – Scared to fly? Just do it! The memories will last a lifetime.
23. Strive to be a better version of yourself everyday.
24. Stop worrying. I’ve done my share this past year, and it only intensifies my anxiety. Relax, everything will workout how it’s supposed to.
25. If you have nobody, you still have yourself. Be your own best friend first.
26. Take more risks.
27. Let go of the past, start the process now – it’s a long, painful one!
28. Be supportive. It’s contagious!
What are you hoping to accomplish during your 28th birthday?
Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend! My girlfriends are coming over tonight for a ‘floral themed’ garden party! Should be a fun night! XX