This post is in collaboration with Walmart. As always, opinions (and taste buds) are entirely my own. Thanks for supporting brands that make Happily Inspired possible!
Feels like Christmas morning over here, because I finally caved and got a food processor! If you don’t have one, it’s a total game changer. As a working mom, I’m always looking for ways to simplify my meals. This baby comes ready to play, too: slicing, dicing, shredding, chopping and even mixing dough (cannot wait to make pizza crust in here!) I am a huge fan of versatility in the kitchen — especially because our kitchen isn’t very large and we lack storage for gadgets. My BFF (ugh, I wish) Pioneer Woman (have you guys seen her Walmart line? It’s everything!) inspired the buy. She uses her food processor all of the time, and I was tired of using my big, bulky blender for blending. The cleaning alone was such a hassle. As I mentioned before here, I am a huge ratings gal. The Black + Decker 11 Cup Dicing and Slicing Performance Food Processor got 5-star ratings, and the price point was under $150 (didn’t want to exceed that). It’s also eligible for free 2-day shipping which is always a plus. One of my favorite perks of shopping at Walmart.
I wanted to start out easy, since I have a lot to learn on the machine! (Cannot wait to chop veggies for salads, too!) With Mothers Day around the corner, I thought it would be fun to make a ‘breakfast in bed’ tribute — although, you don’t need a holiday to eat in your PJ’s from bed! Just an easy excuse to cook in your cozy robe and head back to bed with your best pal (or furry pal).
I was in the mood for pancakes, so I whipped up some easy oat banana pancakes with berries. Always a go-to! It’s a healthy alternative, and a fun dupe for dinner, too! Is anyone else a fan of breakfast food for dinner? I’m a huge fan of diner food, so that would be a big, fat yes for me. PS: I added some flowers on top for some fun (obviously remove before eating, they are not edible) — I’ve always been a fan of decorating my food. I guess it’s the adult version of ‘playing with my food’. I think it creates such a beautiful element, and bonus points for the Insta-worthy shot. Am I right?! Oh, and I forgot the best part — Walmart now offers curbside pickup for groceries. Simply order online with same-day pickup, and they’ll even load your car. It’s a total game changer with a baby, guys. Trust me! They also offer the same prices as in store so there’s no ‘catch’. Completely free for being a proud Walmart shopper! Pick up the kids from school, roll up curbside — and head on home for dinner!
OAT BANANA PANCAKES WITH BERRIES
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- 1 egg lightly whipped
- 1 cup of nonfat (or dairy-free) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- Mixed berries (or any fruit) for topping
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional) I cannot eat pancakes without it!
- Put oats in food processor for about a minute, until they’re ground.
- Combine the oat, cinnamon, and baking powder in a large bowl, mix.
- Combine the egg, milk, and vanilla in another bowl, mix.
- Stir liquid into dry mixture. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Heat a non skillet pan/griddle on medium-high heat
- Pour a little batter onto the pan, and cook until crispy brown.
- GO BACK TO BED and eat (and then go back to bed)