Figuring out what to wear to a baby shower can be a bit daunting, especially when it’s your own! Today, I’m sharing what I wore (spoiler alert: comfy!) and the best part? Under $60!
Last weekend, we had the privilege of celebrating our soon-to-be bundle with the most gorgeous baby shower! My mom put it all together (literally, all by herself) in her quant, country backyard. As you all probably know, I’m a floral fanatic — so, it was only natural to have a vintage-garden themed affair. I also want to note that my mom threw the most amazing birthday parties for us growing up. We never celebrated them outside of the home, and these are still some of my favorite memories today. My favorites include a 50’s style diner (where she rented a cash register, and we all got to be servers & wear poodle skirts). An Olympic themed bash where we had a parade around the neighborhood, and played tons of competitive games. (Simon says champion right here!) I just loved the idea of having my baby shower in the comfort of our own home — restaurants just lack that charm! Anyone else agree?
SHOP MY BABY SHOWER OUTFIT
A few of my favorite details from the day:
- Lunch: Sandwiches/chips served in a white box sealed with an adorable sticker
- Drink: Iced tea, lemonade & custom bottle water (we had the cutest labels made!)
- Decor: My mom rented a long picnic-style table with white chairs & decorated with florals, vintage books, suitcases & more. It was such a lovely touch to the day! She also decorated the backyard swing with floras, and vines — we opened presents on it!
- Cake; My talented friend, Tami, created the most amazing cake for our day! Topped with flowers, and surrounded by macaron cupcakes that were just beyond! So grateful!
- Favors: take home flowers in the cutest, colored pots
We are so grateful to so many of our beautiful friends & family for celebrating with us. Baby Kleinman is already so loved, and she’s most definitely going to be the best dressed babe!! I’m sharing some of my registry with you later this week, so stay tuned.
WHAT TO WEAR TO A BABY SHOWER
I picked out this floral flutter-sleeve midi dress, and absolutely loved it! Since the party was outdoors, and it’s the middle of July — I wanted something light, airy & cool. The price tag is even better, under $60! Woot! (Linking non-maternity too!) If you’re still stuck on what to wear to a baby shower, make sure to check out Nordstrom Maternity, and Asos maternity. A couple of my favorite places (with easy return policies if you change mind)
SHOP MY BABY SHOWER OUTFIT
what to wear to a baby shower | shop baby shower outfit below
Don’t forget to check-out my nursery inspiration here! It’s slowly coming together, and I can’t wait to reveal it soon!