You may remember this post from Glitter Guide where I share the most adorable DIY ever! (See my recent Glitter Guide articles here) These floral ice-cubes are one of my favorites to date, and they have a life of their own on Pinterest! (Holy re-pins!) Side note: When you have a ‘melting’ prop, time is not on your side. Learned that one the hard way, but I think they came out super cute nonetheless! Just expect even cuter results when you attempt these on your own! Brighten up your beverages this spring/summer with some ‘flower power’ cubes! Whether you’re hosting a baby shower, or enjoying a backyard BBQ, these frozen treats will keep your drinks cool, and your guests smiling! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram, so I can see your floral-filled creations! xx
*Note: Some of the flowers pictured are not edible, but I am using them to chill bottles. Feel free to use any flower for chillers (just don’t let guests use)
- Edible Flowers — whichever you prefer!
- Ice Cube Tray (I prefer silicone, less likely to break the cubes when popping out) Also: The bigger the better, this will allow for a slower melting process.
- Distilled water (Simply boil the water, and let cool down to room temperature)
- Place flowers face down in the tray, fill cubes about 1/4 way full. (You just want to cover the flowers)
- Freeze until solid, and add water until tray is half full.
- Repeat this process twice more until cubes are completely frozen. (If you’d like to add a second layer of flowers, feel free to do so)
- Once the cubes are completely solid, remove from trays & have fun!
Note: The flowers will infuse a flower-like taste so keep that in mind while creating your beverages. Water (image above) and juices are fabulous non-alcoholic choices. (They also look super pretty!)