Marble is having a moment, and I cannot get enough! I find a lot of inspiration on Pinterest, and couldn’t resist these gorgeous mugs! This DIY only costs a few dollars to make, and it’s easy — We’re talkin’ under 10 minutes. Bonus: You probably have these items laying around your house; my favorite kind of DIY! These mugs are a great holiday gift — and the handmade factor will blow it out of the park! Personally, I’m obsessed with grey+white marble, so I used grey nail-polish (yes, nail-polish) to seal the deal. The outcome is fantastic — Invite your girlies over for a fun craft night! Make sure to tag me on Instagram!
- mugs (I purchased mine at Target for $1.99 each!)
- disposable container (you will dispose after project is complete)
- nail polish (all of the colors you desire!)
- Fill your disposable container halfway with hot water.
- Pour a drop/two of nail polish into the water. Important: The closer you hold the nail-polish bottle to the surface of water, the better. The goal is to keep the drops floating atop, and not falling to the bottom.
- Gently, use your toothpick to swirl the nail-polish around.
- Dip your mug into the water: and remove immediately. IMPORTANT: you do not want to dip the entire mug — just the bottom half. (for your health)
- Pat the mug dry with a paper towel (you can use nail-polish remover to patch up unwanted spots)
- Let sit for 2 hours, and repeat for additional colors.